The ACAMIS (Association of China Mongolia International Schools) workshop, Hangzhou International School, China
Building Safe Passage: Sustainable Transition Programs that Reduce the Impact on Learning and Relationships Caused by Mobility presented by Drs Doug Ota, SPAN Chairman, psychologist, author, coach, presenter and consultant and assisted by Mona Stuart, SPAN Board Member, experienced International Schools’ Director Of Admissions and Director of Communications, Writer and Editor.
The essential learning question being addressed: In the face of the mobility and turnover that typify many international school communities, how can we build and maintain the kinds of schools that support optimal learning and attachment security?
EARCOS Professional Learning Weekend, Taipei American School, Taiwan
Safe Passage Across Networks: Supporting Transitions at International Schools presented by Drs Doug Ota, SPAN Chairman, psychologist, author, coach, presenter and consultant.
Join the SPAN Steering Committee, K-12 Counselors, Teachers, Administrators, Admissions Personnel, and Parent Volunteers involved with transitions at their schools to:
- Engage in personal fashion with what “transition” means at international schools
- Understand transition through recent findings from psychology and neuroscience
- Discuss how transition affects the entire school, and is therefore an opportunity for the community
- Learn best practices for programs for students, parents, and staff that go beyond individual school walls
- Plan to build transition programs that are effective, will endure and will assist your school to become a Safe Passage School
Families in Global Transition Conference, The Hague, Netherlands. Join SPAN on Day Two during the Kitchen Table Conversations Session as we discuss how to help your school community thrive through transitions.